PC-Cleaner Rogue Software. HELP![CLOSED]
Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:53 AM
Posted 15 May 2008 - 07:35 AM
Welcome to GeeksToGo. My name is RatHat, and I will help you get through the process of cleaning the malware from your computer.
OK firstly, I need you to print out each post I make so that you can refer to it while we fix your computer. This is because there will be times when you are unable to be online to read my instructions, and I will want you to do everything very carefully. I also need you to follow my instructions in the order that they are given. If however, you cannot carry out one of them, please continue on with the next and let me know what you were unsuccessful with. Please ensure you turn off word wrap in Notepad. To do this, open Notepad, choose Format, then Un-check Word Wrap. (Word Wrap makes reading your log difficult).
Next, I would like to make sure that you can view hidden files and folders;
- Click Start.
- Open My Computer.
- Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
- Select the View tab.
- Under the Hidden files and folders heading SELECT Show hidden files and folders.
- UNCHECK the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
- UNCHECK the Hide extensions for known file types option.
- Click Yes to confirm.
- Click OK.
Please download RogueRemover by RubberDucky.
- Double-click rr-free-setup.exe to begin installing the program.
- Follow the setup instructions for installation.
- Double-click the RogueRemover icon on your desktop.
- Once the program runs, select Check for Updates.
- When prompted, select Check for Updates.
- If prompted again, click Download to receive the latest updates.
- When completed, close the update window.
- Next, click Scan
- If it detects anything, select to remove all objects found.
- Close RogueRemover
Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) and save it to your Desktop.
- Close all other windows before proceeding.
- Double-click on dss.exe and follow the prompts.
- When it has finished, DSS will open two Notepad files: main.txt and extra.txt
- Use Save As to save both Notepad files to your Desktop and post them in your next reply.
So in your next reply, please include the following logs:
- The DSS main.txt
- The DSS extra.txt
Posted 21 May 2008 - 07:59 AM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact myself or another staff member with address of this thread. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users