Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CPU Fan Not Working Computer Crashing

• Please log in to reply

puters r a pain

puters r a pain

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
When I open LOTR Online or World of Warcraft my computer crashes but otherwise my computer works just fine, running Firefox and other small programs. I looked inside my computer and the computer supply fan was not spinning and I just want to make sure that could be the reason my computer is crashing before I go buy a new power supply. Is there any way to see if the power supply isn't working all together? It seems to be incredibly hot when it is on I think it might be fried, but if it is still hot then it should still be somewhat working. Thanks.

Edited by puters r a pain, 14 May 2008 - 02:21 PM.

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello,
Please replace the power supply if the fan is not working.
If the power supply is over heated the voltage or wattage may be off, causing damage to your mother board or processor.
Changing out to a working power supply now may keep you from a large repair cost later.

puters r a pain

puters r a pain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Oh wow I did not know that. I guess that is what I will do then thank you very much.