Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer Starting On its Own

• Please log in to reply

jeff250

jeff250

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Hi I'm having a problem. Internet explorer is starting on its own many times a day. Sometimes it opens to Google. Other times it is opening to this site
Http://gozo.houa.org/index.php?kora=ose but no page comes up just a bunch of charactors in black writing , single line . I've tried adaware and spybot search and destroy and it removed some stuff but didn't fix the problem. I've searched the registry for that web address and it isn't found. I ran my virus scanner norton and a online virus scanner a few things were removed. The cusor is also changing to the working icon ,or in other words the mouse pointer briefly changes now and then, when nothin is being done. I ran hijackthis and there is a gopher entry that comes back don't know if that has anything to do with it. By the way I'm on vista premium 32 bit with internet explorer 7. I'm afraid there may be an unknown virus or spyware.

from,
Jeff

Advertisements

rstones12

rstones12

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 3,731 posts
Jeff250,

You will need to read thru this first

http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html

Then post your HijackThis log in this forum.

http://www.geekstogo...o-Here-f37.html

Edited by rstones12, 14 May 2008 - 08:22 PM.

jeff250

jeff250

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
I went to that page and ran the programs it said and they said I had trojan.bho, adwar.trymedia, rbot.ld. It seems clean , the mouse isn't changing to the working icon and that web site with internet explorer starten on its own, isn't popping up.
I posted to the hijackthis forum my log, but no one has said everthing is clean and there are 18 views on the hijacthislogfile. I did have some mistakes on it my profile has it has windows 98 when i know have vista, and I, mispelled one of the viruses as rbot.d when it should be rbot.ld

Thanks,
Jeff