Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

IP Theft

• Please log in to reply

ArcticCorsair

ArcticCorsair

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I hope this is the correct forum its a sicurity issue so I hope so,,, Any way I will make this as brief as possible I no little about coms so I will do my best. I am a poker player and as such attempted to get free poker bonuses from a website LtdPOker.com, if you sign up with them they get you free money for certain poker sites. Anyway I visited there live help with a query to me met with a rude person who baisicly came near to acuseing me of fraudulent activity. Seemingly 10 accounts had been registered with them all with my IP address , I was pretty mad with there tone but in the end i was told it was my problem and was abruply cut off. I emailed them demanding details and explanation, no joy. Now I havnt opened any accounts with this site up till the one I opened just now, and noone else has access to this com. I am with AOL who I will be contacting ASAP to see if they can help,,, I have a sicure wireless network I am told , 1 desktop com which I am on now and a laptop which I rarely use. Please can anyone shed some light on how this site can be associating me with all these other accounts that have been opened with seemingly my IP address. I know roughly what an IP address is , but I cant see how someone else could use mine to open 10 accounts with this site. I thank you for your help..

Advertisements