Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows 2000 cannot detect my USB

• Please log in to reply

Yhe1

Yhe1

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
Hello, I use Windows 2000 and have service pack 4 installed. When I go check my USB drivers, it said they are all working properly. However, the computer cannot detect my USB at all no matter where I plug the USB in. There is no reaction from the computer whatsoever. What could be wrong? anyhelp would be great, thanks.

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,888 posts
There is a possebility the USB port is broken. Have you tried all / diffrent USB ports?

Regards,
Olrik

Yhe1

Yhe1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

There is a possebility the USB port is broken. Have you tried all / diffrent USB ports?

Regards,
Olrik

Yes, I have. Is there a way I could reinstall the USB drivers?

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,888 posts
MS Article
Follow the steps how to remove a driver.

Then when you removed them. Get your motherboard CD (usually has the USB drivers aswell).
Put in the CD and simply re-install the drivers.

Good luck!
Regards,
Olrik