Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

INT-19 boot loader, cant get past it

• Please log in to reply

sco101

sco101

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey guys i recentley built my first pc, putting everything together was reasonably easy so i turned it on the fans all started spinning i could open the disk drive i could hear the HDD but i couldnt get a picture on my monitor, so i tuck everything out the case and placed the mobo on the box it came with and just had the graphics card, one stick of ram and the cpu+fan connected but i still couldnt get a picture. I managed to get my hands on a post diagnostic card after getting that to work i got the error code 00 which in the manual means "copying code to specific area done. Going to give control to INT-19 boot loader" any idea what that means? Ive cleared the CMOS and resat the cpu but it makes no difference.

system
Asus P5k-Se Mobo
E2160-cpu
2x 2GB corsair ram
Nividia 9600GT
corsair 550w PSU
500GB samsung spinpoint HDD

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Code 00 means the computer should now be trying to boot off a device - any device if the hard drive is empty.
Sounds like your computer is posting and ready to go if its getting that far. You may have an issue with your monitor. Check the obvious, ensure its plugged in and switched on :)

sco101

sco101

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Well the monitor works with my other pc ive also tried with the pc connected to my tv via HDMI, so could it be the graphics card that is the problem?

Thanks for having a look and replying

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
In all honesty I don't think there's anything wrong with any of it. By the time you get this far the computer is ready to load Windows.

Do you have any PCI or PCI-Ex expansion cards installed? Try taking them out. Also just out of interest unplug the hard drive.

Edited by Neil Jones, 16 May 2008 - 05:18 AM.

sco101

sco101

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok i'll detach the HDD and give that a go,