Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AD.Yieldmanager.com [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

catgeek

catgeek

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there,

Having problems getting rid of AD.Yieldmanager.com pop up/malware...

I HAVE READ around here and elsewhere...spent quite a lot of time on it now, but apologies if it sounds like a repeat!

In truth, there are many forums and sites all suggesting various removals - well, Ive tried many paths but no luck so far. I've done major clean up, run antivirus, run Malwarebytes and so on.

Before posting Hijack files etc. to cut a long story short my question is this:

DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY KNOW WHERE AD.YIELD IS HIDING? What name and extension does it actually take and where is it operating from in the system files? Where is it in the register - Ive done register search but still find nothing that meets it.
There's clearly something I'm not finding here but having followed VARIOUS REMOVAL INSTRUCTIONS Im now asking the forum if anyone can tell me details of this malware prog.

Thanks in advance - and again apologies if this is a duplicate but I have researched this...

catgeek

(Win XP SP2 complete with ad.yieldmanager for about a month now...)

Advertisements

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
Hi,
Welcome to the site

I will be handling your log to help you get cleaned up. Please follow the instructions here and post a Hijack This log:
http://www.geekstogo...o-Here-f37.html

I want you to show hidden files. There are instructions HERE to help you do this.
You should have Administrator rights to perform the fixes. Some of the instructions I give may need to be printed or saved for reference during the fix. Some of the fix will be done in Safe Mode so you will be unable to access this thread at that time.
Please dont use any of the tools without specific instructions. Some of them are dangerous (and could leave your computer in worse condition that it is when infected) if used incorrectly.
These instructions should be read first, then followed. If you do not understand something, don't be afraid to ask, or see if I'm on chat. :)

Edited by sarahw, 24 May 2008 - 07:08 AM.

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.