Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Crashing

• Please log in to reply

puters r a pain

puters r a pain

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
I recently started playing Lord of the Rings Online and as soon as I open it my computer crashes. I left World of Warcraft playing all night long and woke up and my computer was just fine. LOTRO is the only thing that crashes my computer and I wondered if this could be a hardware issue or just installation. My system specs are higher than the game requires. I just switched out my power supply to a 500w because the old one was having too many issues hoping it would fix the problem but it didnt.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
you switched the power supply to a 500w but what brand? it wasn't one of those $10-$20 specials was it? The brand of the power supply can make a huge difference... Antecs are known to be good and we use sparkle with good luck here. you can tell the difference on some of those just by picking them up... I have a 500w special here that is maybe half the weight of the sparkle 350w.... guess which one is on my junk pile....