Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Strange Connection Problems with Wireless USB Stick

• Please log in to reply

demani

demani

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I recently got Verizon Fios installed in my house. They can and set up the wireless internet connection and they tested it. Everything seemed fine. Ever since, my wireless internet has acted strangely. When I turn on my computer it starts up fine and I can go onto the internet. Within 15 to 20 minutes the router stops sending me packets. My computer keeps sending out packets and the connection is very good or excellent but my internet doesn't work. By the way I use a zyxel USB internet chiclet. Maybe someon can ping my computer when I first turn it on and find some settings that are turned off? I called the company and they have no idea whats wrong. I have also un-installed and re-installed it multiple times. :)

Advertisements

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,813 posts
What type of router do you have?

demani

demani

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I have a verizon router but there's also a name on the back that says Actiontec.

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,813 posts
So this is the router that Verizon gave you when they set FIOS up?