Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet slow

• Please log in to reply

jared_232001

jared_232001

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
The Internet becomes slow because when I run a scan with adware it shows like 100 tracking cookies all the time. It only seems to get rid of them temporarily. How can I get rid of these tracking cookies permantely?

Thank You

Advertisements

PILL5B3RRY

PILL5B3RRY

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
Start>Run>Cookies

Delete Everything in there

Empty Recycle Bin

Start>Run>Cleanmgr

Select your Hard Drive (Usually C)

Let it load

When done, make sure everything is selected then click Ok.

Done =)

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
I think it's wise to let your PC get checked by our malware experts.
I Suggest you take your log to the malware doctors found in this forum.
Please make sure that you read this before posting anything in the malware forum.
They can also tell you how to prevent malware getting on your system. Tracking Cookies (Adware) is one of them I belive.

If you're still having problems after the malware doctors declare your log clean feel free to post back here and we'll help you to the best of our knowledge! :)

Regards,
Olrik

Edited by Artellos, 16 May 2008 - 02:20 AM.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
How do you know that the cookies cause the slowdown? You can delete them in Internet Explorer > tools > internet options > general > temporary internet files. Delete cookies and delete files (check the box in the delete all offline content). But then they will show up again after a short time because many sites that you go to place cookies in your computer.

If you wish to test your internet connection speed go to this site and compare the results with the specs of your connection with your Internet Service Provider. Alternatively you can call the technical support of your ISP and ask to perform a similar test. They have special sites dedicated for this purpose.