Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Question about Page File.

• Please log in to reply

Don'tcompute

Don'tcompute

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
I have one HD which has two partitions. One for the OS and the other for the recovery partition.

My question is, is it possible to put my Page File on partition D (Recovery partition)? Because it has over 1GB of space free.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I would not worry where the page file is put by windows. It is only there when windows runs out of memory(RAM) that is usable. The newer Vista and XP do run ram very well but theres always some programs that dont seem to let go of memory.
Putting the page file on the recovery partition could cause problems with fragmentation in the recovery files. It would be far easier to just buy more memory for the computer. I average 2 gigs and some computers already have 3 and 4 gigs of memory in them because its so cheap. On sale for $40 for 2 gigs at newegg, tiger direct, and other on-line stores just cant be beat.

SRX660

Don'tcompute

Don'tcompute

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Okay, thanks.