Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Argh, stuck in old version of Yahoo Mail

• Please log in to reply

miss_sugarkiss

miss_sugarkiss

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Well I was screwing around earlier and had Java disabled. I went to my mail and a message popped up saying that I needed to enable Java or switch to the old version. I stupidly switched to the old version thinking I could switch back later easily. I was wrong. I can't for the life of me figure out how. I looked at Yahoo's help, and thought I had it figured out for a while, but I was wrong again. This is what I found on the help section:

How do I switch to the Color and Graphics version from the Plain version (the "regular" Yahoo! Mail) or back to Plain?

* Click the "Mail Options" link in the upper right hand corner of the page
* Click "General Preferences"
* Under the "Composing Emails" section, select "Compose messages as color and graphics"
* Click the "Save" button

If you want to switch back to the standard version, then follow the steps above and select "Compose messages as plain text".

Only problem is that in the plain version there is no "mail options" (which I think this is, unless the old version and plain version are two separate things.) There is a "options" link which brings up mail preferences, but there is no "general preferences" link, only a bold topic. I can't even find the "composing emails" section.

In a nutshell I'm in a bind. Does anyone know how? :tazz:

Advertisements

Miss Pop

Miss Pop

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Tell me about it!!! I managed to do exactly the same! I'm having a mare trying to find out what I did and how I can get my yahoo back!!!!! The old version is rubbish!

:tazz:

smcasey

smcasey

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I had this same problem. I use Norton Internet Security, and what I did was log off Yahoo mail, then momentarily turn off Norton, then logged back on to Yahoo mail. Yahoo mail then apparently auto-detected that javascript was enabled because I then had the new version of Yahoo mail. I then made sure to turn Norton right back on (I was paranoid that i'd get nailed during the momentary lapse!) I presume Norton was blocking some attempt by Yahoo mail to check whether the browser had javascript enabled, so kept defaulting back to the old mail version when its attempts were blocked by Norton.

Hope this works for you.

Steve