Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Really Quick Question I need an answer

• Please log in to reply

PILL5B3RRY

PILL5B3RRY

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
OK so my Windows Xp is corrupted, or unfixable, so Im planning on doing a clean install using the Recovery Console. I backed up all of my files like music and pictures in a separate partition. My question is when I do the new install, will my other partition go? Will i lose all my data? Thx for your help!

Advertisements

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
Hi PHILL5B3RRY,

No, your other partition won't get wiped. As long as you don't reformat or delete the partition with your backup or install the OS over it, it should be okay.

PILL5B3RRY

PILL5B3RRY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
Ok thanks...im gonna reinstall windows in a few...pray for me guys!

Now that I know way more about computers than I did in 2005 when I got this computer, ima keep my computer running perfect!