Formated Computer- Acting slow(specially internet)
Posted 15 May 2008 - 09:44 PM
Posted 16 May 2008 - 03:06 AM
Discribe as much as you can in your posts as we can only work with the information you give us
Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:51 PM
PC-cillin Internet security
Posted 16 May 2008 - 05:34 PM
- Reboot your machine.
- After you hear the first beep keep tapping F8.
- You'll get a menu up and should be able to select safe mode.
Does it still act slow? (Internet not accecible.)
If that does speed up a bit then I belive we can find this in either the startup or the services.
Ok, so lets find the crulpit!
Note: This process might take a while and requires multiple reboots.
- Go to start and hit "run"
- In the white box type "msconfig"
- A window will pop up, go to the Startup Tab.
- In the bottom right, select "Disable All"
- Please reboot the computer.
- Follow steps 1 to 3 again.
- Now turn on 1 or 2 startups and reboot again.
- Keep doing this until your problem comes back.
- Once the problem comes back it should be the program you turned on Last.
- Please tell me which program this was and how the whole process went.
(It is also possible ofcourse that it still keeps giving the problem. Report back and we'll move on to the services.)
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users