Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Every time i open my F: drive i get an error message.....!

• Please log in to reply

selva

selva

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
The windows error message was submitted to microsoft and its website told me tht there was an error due to mpegsplitter.ax......!!!Anyways i have included my HIJACK log file...!!!Pls help me out....!!!

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
What is your F: drive?

selva

selva

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Its one among my hard disk drives i usually store movie and song and other content in it..........!!!

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
you need to run a full checkdisk on it.

go to start, run and enter cmd
In the command window copy and past the following command (or type it in):
chkdsk f: /r

It may prompt you about having sufficient access. Click ok and let it run and next boot. Then reboot system. Let it run until it's complete. When it completes, it will generate a log report that we can go back and look at.

Hello71

Hello71

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Actually, it will likely reboot, scan (may take a veerry long time), reboot, scan again, then let you in.