Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Processes

• Please log in to reply

nicholas.alipaz

nicholas.alipaz

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
At one point I found a list of common processes for XP that described the process and gave recommendations on disabling them and such.

When I say processes I don't just mean the ones that come with XP, but the ones added by installed programs as well (qttask, acrotray, etc).

The list that I had found also gave instructions on removing harder ones like qttask and msn messenger. Does anyone know where I might be able to find this list or similar? I tried googling but came up empty handed, probably my search terms.

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Could I ask what you're trying to acomplish?
We might know the awnser straight away and help you with your Issue :)

Regards,
Olrik

nicholas.alipaz

nicholas.alipaz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
nothing in particular, I know that my system is clean, but sometimes newly installed components add processes to one's system that are eating up memory and not really necessary. Like qttask for example, it isn't really spyware but it is there and it eats up a little bit of memory. I would like to reduce these little items.

I found a site about 2 years ago that had a database of processes and it would give you information on the service and suggestions as to whether it was necessary or not. I can't seem to find it anymore and was hoping some one here might now about it.

nicholas.alipaz

nicholas.alipaz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
finally found it...
http://www.answersth...es/tasklist.htm