Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keeps resarting Page Fault in nonpaged area error

• Please log in to reply

jmarten

jmarten

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hello Im having a problem with a friends computer…They brought it over to my house. Windows just keeps restarting. It gets to the windows logo screen then doesn’t load up windows and just keeps restarting..SO I pressed F8 on one of the restarts and tried safe mode, that wouldn’t load either just kept restarting. I did get it into windows once though. But no other times than that. I pressed F8 on reboot again this time I choose to disable the restart on system failure. The blue screen that came up read this…….

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Technical information:
***STOP: 0x00000050 (0XFAF38116, 0x00000000, 0x804D9452, 0x00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance

What do I do please help me………

Advertisements

jmarten

jmarten

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I do have my xp disk...Which I tried to format and reload windows...Still same problem...I put the windows disk in to go to the recovery console to run a chkdsk came up with these 3 options....
1: H:\MiniNT
2: C:\PRDSMIMG
3: C:\WINDOWS

What are options 1 and 2? Do I need them or is there a way of deleting them and starting fresh with a brand new copy of windows which I have?
This is an emachine.... Please help

Edited by jmarten, 16 May 2008 - 08:53 AM.

Sɭɪɱ

Sɭɪɱ

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I would also like to know what the "2: C:\PRDSMIMG" is for as I have it as a selection too. My "1: D:\WINDOWS" I would believe is the backup partition on the hard drive. I suspect that's the same for your "1: H:...." but im not sure. I have a "3: C:\WINDOWS" which I believe is my installation I'm trying to repair. I'm not getting far, I tried "EXTRACT E:(The DVD drive)i386\HAL.DL_ to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32" which completed (Stopped at 50% a couple of times and took FOREVERRRRR !!! :yes: but finally completed) but did no good for the boot up. Also did a "CHKDSK C: /R to no avail.

P.S. I am aware that this forum post is quite possibly the necro of all necros :) .
-----I was compelled. I must know the answer to this question :) .
-----Please forgive my necroish ways for just this one occasion. Thankyou. Sincerely, Sɭɪɱ :unsure: