Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Remote desktop question

• Please log in to reply

audi4000

audi4000

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a question about remote desktop...
Long story short, I'm a real estate broker and my office is in a historic 2 story building. I have a tv in the window downstairs to show our listings. My office is on the top floor, the tv obviously is downstairs.
I've connected a desktop to the tv downstairs and have successfully controlled it via remote desktop from my upstairs office.

My question is- is there any way I can open powerpoint on the downstairs computer from the upstairs computer and have it show the powerpoint in real time on the tv downstairs ? I tried this, but when I log into the downstairs comp from the comp upstairs via remote desktop, it logs the computer downstairs out and all that shows on the tv is the welcome screen.

Does this make any sense? I can explain further if needed. I'm hoping theres a simple solution for this..
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
yes, that is by design. I would suggest that tight vnc would be a better solution

http://www.tightvnc.com/

Take a look and let me know what your think. If you have any questions just ask.

audi4000

audi4000

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
That was exactly what I needed. It works flawlessly and completely solved my problem! Thanks a million