Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Zune to XBOX 360

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
Hello all...

I have Zune player installed on my computer; and have it sharing its media with my XBOX 360. Recently, I added a few videos to the Zune player... however, when I go to view them on my XBOX 360, not all of the videos show up.

The video that always shows up is the one in .wma format. The .mpeg4 videos at one time showed up on the 360 (actually had to do a media update on the 360 to have them play). However, after moving the videos around (new folders) on the computer, the movies (.mpeg4's) will not show up. In addition, the video in quicktime format has never shown up (I believe it is compatible with the 360). However, the .wma format video still always shows up...

1) I have tried deactivating and then reactivating sharing with the computer and XBOX 360.
2) I tried making new folders and putting the videos in there (folder shows up on the 360, but not the video). Also, the folder will not go away, even after deleting it from the computer... *
3) I made sure that under the Zune player options, that the player was to be the default player for MPEG4.
4) I moved all the videos back into the same folder (My Videos)...

I am very confused as to why the videos no longer show up on the 360 (still on the computer; and in the Zune player's video list). Also, I am confused as to why the folders I created and then deleted are still listed on the 360 (*).

Any help/advice would greatly be appreciated...