Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my pc goes blank after i start it up

• Please log in to reply

tanramion

tanramion

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
start up my pc.... boots up ok
wallpaper appears (but not explorer)....
then blue dos screen appears.... ;)
" a fatal exception OE has occured at 0028:C001545A. The current application will be terminated"

i don't even know what application was being terminated! :tazz:
pressed enter at blue screen..
wallpaper disappears and i'm only left with a blank screen and my mouse pointer (that could still be moved around)....

dunno what the prob is 'coz i already ran ad-aware, cwshredder, spybot, ccleaner, and system tools like system file checker and scandisk.... ;)

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

You wouldn't happen to be running McAffee now would you?? If so, try the following FIX

Murray

tanramion

tanramion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
nah... i'm not using mcafee.... i'm using avg and i already used it to check for probs... nothing found.

btw, everything goes ok when i reset my pc from the blank screen by just pressing the button in the cpu (HOW CRUDE!!) hehe....

i'm hypothsizing that i get this problem randomly whenever i boot up....

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
The reason I was asking is because you will get that error message with a couple of McAffee programs..

Murray

tanramion

tanramion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
:tazz: i'm not using any mcafee product

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Is that the entire error message?? What does the "Details" area say??

Murray

tanramion

tanramion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
the error message came in "the blue screen of evil", not in a dialog box as you'd normally expect.... that's the whole message..well... i deleted the options part (the one containing "press ctrl+alt+del to restart.... blah blah") basically what i posted were the vital parts of the message

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Okay.. did a search on your problem and came up with everything from the McAffee problem to bad ram.. Sorry!! :tazz:

Murray

tanramion

tanramion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
got another blue screen message...

a fatel exception OE (sometimes OD) has occured at 0028:C0274182 in VXD VMM (06) +00002182.... i get different messages like this in random....

i ran dr. watson and it found kb891711 as altering the system files... it's a windows update and i've heard that it makes me and 98 se unstable... is this the root of the problem? shall i uninstall this update?

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
I would.. there is nothing to lose by doing just that!!

Murray