Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Very easy question (tools)

• Please log in to reply

Lax29

Lax29

• Pip
  • 7 posts
So I put music on my phone no problem from my computer when I had windows XP from clicking tools then going to show hidden folders. Now I have vista and I noticed when I open the same folder the File,View,Tools and other options on the ver top of the folder aren't there anymore. So I was wondering if someone can tell me where the tools section is.

Advertisements

XBoy

XBoy

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
What I understand from you post is that you wanna see the hidden files on your system. Here it is:

1. Click the round blue Start thing in the left corner
2. Click Control Panel
3. Click Folder Options
4. Click the View tab
5. Click Show hidden files and folders
6. If you want to see system files as well, unclick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
7. Click OK

Lax29

Lax29

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I don't see the round blue start thing in the left corner.

XBoy

XBoy

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
You are talking about Windows Vista, right?

Lax29

Lax29

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Yes I am.

Flamey

Flamey

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
To see the toolbar that you require press the Alt button. Windows have hidden that bar by default in Vista. There is a way to make it seeable at all times but I can't remember how I did it.

And XBoy was talking about the Start button to get to the Control Panel and changing the hidden file settings that way.

Kind regards

Edited by Flamey, 20 May 2008 - 09:47 PM.