Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

backing up my computer files among many viruses

• Please log in to reply

rich06

rich06

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
Hi. My computer has been infected with viruses for months now. I have another staff member assisting me with that problem, but i woul like to back up my important files now before it crashes for good. This has been very close to happening several times now. I bought a 250 gig toshiba external hard drive, ( pretty nice and small) and would like to do a backup. What is the best way to go about this? It comes with a program NTI Shadow which will backup my things into a folder onto my computer. I then would have to drag that into my EHD, which would take a long time. I am more worried about storing infected files along with my own personal files. What should i do?

Advertisements