Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows XP Windows Explorer

• Please log in to reply

Fliege

Fliege

• Pip
  • 1 posts
By rebooting my labtop I keep getting a blank screen with the error message "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close" I have no desktop and need to open the Windows Task Manager to be able to do anything - I had the Geek Squad at Best Buy run a diagnosis and the result came back that I have a "deskbar.dll" file somewhere, either in a subfolder of my Program Files or Windows or Windows System 32....the program is not visible....they wanted to keep my computer for 1 week or so to fix it....I work with my computer and need it every day ....anybody know how to find and get rid of that "deskbar.dll" problem?? :)

Advertisements

PILL5B3RRY

PILL5B3RRY

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
You can try using Dial-A-Fix to fix the Windows Explorer.

Download Dial-a-Fix from http://wiki.djlizard.net/Dial-a-fix

After, run it and select everything in the Registration Center, center 4.

Select everything from ActiveX controls/codecs to Object Linking Libraries (OLE) then click on GO.

Let it finish and then Reboot.

Do your problems still occur?

If so, please write back.