Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HD Audio Bus Driver Failed to load: 0xE0000227

• Please log in to reply

rokkenrob

rokkenrob

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I just istalled a new motherboard (PCCHIPS A13G) that incorporates a Realtek ALC660 audio chip. All the drivers loaded except the audio driver. I went to realtek website and downloaded their driver and tried to install but recieved an error message stating that the High Definition Audio Bus driver installation failed: Error: 0xE0000227 I'm using Windows XP OS. Everything else works great, I just have no audio.
I have to admit that I am no comper whiz, geek, whatever....(my son is, but his in the Navy and is unavailible). I would appleciate any help on this matter. I hope I've included enough info -- if not. let me know and I will provide what I can.
Thanks!

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Have you tried going to PC Chips for the driver?

download from here

rokkenrob

rokkenrob

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you for your response and the suggestion. I did go to the PCChips website and downloaded the audio driver, but unfortunately, no joy. Even though the driver download from PCChips seems to be a newer version, I still get an error message that reads: "Realtek HD Audio driver Setup Failed!"
I have read the manual and double checked all my connections. I have e-mailed PCChips technical service (still awaiting a reply). I have even talked to the guys at Tigerdirect.com where I purchased the motherboard (they suggested I talk to PCChips). I have to admit, this is a bit frustrating.
Anyway, I was wondering if I invested another thirty to ffity bucks in purchasing a sound card and installing it rather than using the on-board audio if this might solve my audio problem. If so, how will I know that the sound card that I purchase will actually plug into my motherboard? My understanding is that the days of universal plug and play components are long gone. Any recommendations on a reletively inexpensive, but decent quality sound card? And does this sound like a probable fix?

rokkenrob

rokkenrob

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Okay...I still don't have any idea why the driver for the on-board sound card wouldn't load, but I now have audio. I went down and purchased a plug-and-play sound card, installed it, and viola!...sound. Sure, it cost a little mopre than I had originally planned to upgrade my PC, but the money was well spent when compared to the aggrevation.

miguel99

miguel99

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I hope this can still help you:

Go to Device Manager/Device Drivers

Disable microsoft UAA bus driver ...
Uninstall UAA bus driver

Install realtek driver and it will work.

I just joined this forum and I am a bit late with this but this will work. :)

Plurk

Plurk

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks, Miguel 99 :)
Had the same problem with my ASUS 5PKR board. After a new installation of Windows XP Pro including an upgrade to SP3, the sound dissapeared and installation of the audio driver was impossible, showing the famous error code 0xE0000227 message. Even the installation of a Creative Soundblaster card did not work. All suggestions, found on other sites did not work. But after following your advise it worked out at the end. Some remarks: After finding the Microsoft UAA HD bus driver under the System Devices part, I had to disable it first (deletion was not allowed), installed the latest Realtek driver, found on the Realtek site and restarted the computer.
After that, deletion of the UAA driver was possible. A new installation of the Realtek driver was needed, but after doing this and again a restart, the sound was there.
But your adviose was a great help. Don't know, who is to blame (I however suspect mr. Gates' company, since the problem occurs with a lot of motherboards)

miguel99

miguel99

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Nice to hear it worked :).

I was able to uninstall the UAA driver immediately after I disabled it.
It seems that there are some differences between the XP Pro configurations.

Vempz

Vempz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks Miguel You saved me a Load of Cash :) i was going to buy a whole new sound Card youre the best thanks :)

McHaals

McHaals

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Uninstall UAA bus driver

God bless your name, it's working...

alliuk

alliuk

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Uninstall UAA bus driver

thanks miguel it works great

Advertisements

Jon Olav

Jon Olav

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have now disabled the sound driver, but I can't delete it nor install/update the driver ( newest version is 1.95 or something, yeah? ).
Would have been totally awesome with some help, coz I kinda can't do anything fun without sound.

Jon Olav

Jon Olav

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I have now disabled the sound driver, but I can't delete it nor install/update the driver ( newest version is 1.95 or something, yeah? ).
Would have been totally awesome with some help, coz I kinda can't do anything fun without sound.

I have SP3 if that is of any importance

sagarwadhwa1

sagarwadhwa1

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Uninstall UAA bus driver

Woah miguel99 You rock!My Intel original DG33FB motherboard had the same problem but voila you solved it.This is my first forum i ever joined in his lifetime because of you Thanks man totally works no kidding :)

Overtake

Overtake

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Uninstall UAA bus driver

Another happy face here! (((:

Thanks Miguel!

{}Overtake

daniel22

daniel22

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i have the same problem... but i cannot uninstall the driver as miguel mentioned earlier... i can only disable it.. i've tryied any possible driver i found on the internet... same win xp sp2 version the graphic card works... everything works except the sound .. im a little desparate... please help...

thanks in advance

daniel