Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Wireless stopped working after format

• Please log in to reply

BlackHalo

BlackHalo

• PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
I had to format the harddrive on my laptop earlier this week. Wireless connection worked up until i started the formatting. After i did that and reinstalled most of my stuff, I couldn't connect to the web anymore. Called my ISP TWICE and they couldn't help me (though I'm not surprized...). Connecting with a cable still works fine, but as soon as i try working with the wireless I keep getting 'Server not found' (or something along those lines). The PC apparently connects (because i can search and find my router), but i can't go on the internet (i can't even access my routher from within Mozilla or IE). Drivers are up to date, downloaded the latest ones from Toshiba's site and installed.

Edited by BlackHalo, 17 May 2008 - 01:26 PM.

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,888 posts
If you have the wireless protected make sure you entered the security Code.
It sounds like you connected to the wireless but didn't enter the code.

Regards,
Olrik

BlackHalo

BlackHalo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
Did that as well. Checked it three times to make sure i have the correct code as well...

BlackHalo

BlackHalo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
Wait, no that was the reason. I had entered the wrong code (I used 'O' instead of zero) and for some reason it still accepted it. Fixed now, thanks!

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,888 posts
It accepts it and gives you a link.
However the link won't allow any data communication.

Good to know it's fixed :)

Regards,
Olrik