Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD Architect 5.2 Text Burning

• Please log in to reply

Oldtapeman

Oldtapeman

• Pip
  • 1 posts
CD Architect 5.2 was working fine until Nero 6 was installed. CDA would still work OK unless it was instructed to write text to the CD. The CD would burn, but the sound would chatter between two different sounds. Apparently it was trying to write the current sound plus a sound from that same wav file 23 seconds previous. At the end of the CD, the chatter would end and with 23 seconds to go, the final song plays correctly.

I uninstalled Nero and used Nero's Clean Tool, but no improvement overall. Installing the 5.2d version didn't help either. If I restore the system to before Nero, CDA does not recognize any drives. However, uninstalling CDA and reinstalling, gives me my drives back and seems to let me burn one disc correctly. The second attempt to burn results in the same problem as before. Is it possible that upon reinstalling, the default settings or drivers are called into play and after the first burn, others are loaded? This program was functioning perfectly before Nero.

Running Windows XP Pro on an Intel P4 2.8 with 1 gig memory. Thanks in advance for any help.

Advertisements