Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Warcraft 3 Hosting Using Linksys

• Please log in to reply

Mr.Happy

Mr.Happy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I've been trying to port forward using several different websites to host games on WC3.
I've made sure my firewalls are off, so I'm fairly sure that firewalls are not preventing me from hosting.
I am using a WMP54G linksys router.
I have accessed the 192.168.1.1 gateway and made an attempt to fix up the ports as instructed to by the websites.
I also used a command prompt to get my ip 192.168.1.102 and entered it in the IP section under the port forward range tab. I entered the port range and received an error that said my ports were overlapping because warcraft says to enter a port range of 1024-49151.
These following applications overlapped my progress 'pcanywhere' 'pc2' 'mod' and 'mod2'
I would like to know whether or not I could just delete those application/port setups in order to host games and prevent the port overlapping error from popping up.

To be honest I just need help on how to finish port forwarding and how to host wc3 games. I've read a lot about how other people have done it but I can't seem to finish it for myself. :)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

Mr.Happy

Mr.Happy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Also as a side note, if I were to enable DMZ would I be able to host wc3 games then?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Yes, I would recommend dmz over port forwarding.