Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Display setting won't open

• Please log in to reply

dsyers

dsyers

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I wanted to change the settings on my display. I have a picture of me and my wife as my desktop background but recebntly threw a baseball themed party and wanted to put a baseball picxture that I have as the background. i went into my pictures and 'set as desktop background'. The picture showed up in tile form wherby it is on the screen multiple times in a smaller size. I then went into my control panel and clicked 'Display' in order to change it to full screen, but 'Display' does not open. I then right clicked on the desktop to open the 'Properties' to access the diplay setting that way and that also did not work. All I see for a second is the hourglass icon and that's it. Does anybody have any solutions. I've used Adware and McAfee Scans hoping it would correct it out, but no such success.

Advertisements

PILL5B3RRY

PILL5B3RRY

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
OK.

I will be glad to help you find a solution.

I think some DLL Files might no be registered.

Please download Dial-A-Fix from here.

Next, I want you to Select the Following Items:

Empty Temp Folders

Everything in the Registration Center. So thats everything from ActiveX Controls/Codecs to Object Linking Objects (OLE)

Once you have those selected, click on GO.

Let it finish doing everything. Once you see the little blue thing at the bottom right disappear, you know it done.

When its done, please reboot and try again.

Edited by PILL5B3RRY, 18 May 2008 - 10:26 AM.