Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows in Vista won't open

• Please log in to reply

chezz111

chezz111

• Pip
  • 4 posts
When i click on anything that i was foolish to close while it was maximized and now it won't open again.

I had "computer" opened and it was maximized when i clicked 'x' and now it will not appear the button on the task bar shows up normaly and when u click it you get the animation of a window opening but nothing appears and now its doing it with some folders and windows media player are having the same problems. the PC is brand new only about 2 weeks old full firewall and antivirus. and im getting alot of lag in almost all my games witch on my old PC 3 years old had almost no problem running but i get nothing but lag on this PC.

Specs:
AMD Phenom 2.5GHz Quad Core Processer
nVidia GeForce 8600 GS
4 GB DDR2 RAM
500GB Hard Drive

Latest Video, Audio & DirectX Drivers
Norton Anit-Virus

Any Idea why my windows wont appear, and im getting very sad performance compaired to my 3 year old PC with a old Geforce2 vid card and 512ram? Because i just spent 1000 on this new comp and ive had nothing but problems with it

Edited by chezz111, 18 May 2008 - 10:09 AM.

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello,
Do you have an original Vista DVD?
If so you can boot from the disc;
  • Select R ,for repair.
  • In the command prompt window type sfc /scannow.
This is the system file checker utility.
This utility will check/repair system files that may be corrupt.

chezz111

chezz111

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks working fine now. much thanks

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
You are welcome.