Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

firefox full screen! help

• Please log in to reply

thero_cpd

thero_cpd

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
hey there, i need to figure out how to get firefox to open up on fullscreen when it loads rather than me pressing F11. I figured out that if i put firefox in the "start up" file in my programs it will load but i need it to automatically go into fullscreen

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Normally, if you have set apps to fullscreen and close them, Windows will remember the settings:

To start a program as a taskbar button or as a maximized window -

Right-click the program you want to start as a taskbar button or as a maximized window. You can find programs on the Start menu, in Windows Explorer, or in My Computer.

Click Properties, and then click the Shortcut tab. In the Run list, click Minimized if you want the program to open as a taskbar button, or click Maximized if you want the program to open as a full-screen window.

Notes:

Starting a program as a taskbar button is useful for the program shortcuts in your Startup menu. These are programs that start when you start Windows. To use the program, click its button on the taskbar. Starting a program in a maximized window is useful for items you typically run in a full screen, such as your word-processing program.

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 18 May 2008 - 06:26 PM.