Uninstall the CS3 component or Suite
1. Close all applications currently running on your system, including other Adobe applications, MS Office applications, and browser windows.
2. Run the uninstaller:
1. Go to Start Menu > Control Panel.
2. Double-click Programs And Features (Windows Vista) or Add Or Remove Programs (Windows XP).
3. Select the CS3 program or suite, click Remove, and follow the on-screen instructions.
4. Repeat for each CS3 program or suite that you wish to uninstall.
3. Remove all files related to CS3 from your system:
1. Go to Start Menu > My Computer.
2. In the Address bar near the top of the window type one of the following:
* On Windows Vista, type: \Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
* On Windows XP, type: \Documents and Settings\<user_name>\Application Data\Adobe
3. Delete files and folders with CS3 in the name.
4. In the Address bar near the top of the window type one of the following:
* On Windows Vista, type: \Users\<user_name>\AppData\Local\Adobe
* On Windows XP, type: \Documents and Settings\<user_name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe
5. Delete files and folders with CS3 in the name. Run the Adobe CS3Clean Script
This script is intended to remove remnants of previously installed CS3 applications in order to enable installation of new CS3 components.
The script is not intended to remove all of the directories and preferences which might have been installed; there may still be some left. The goal is to enable subsequent installations which failed without this tool.
Important: Back-up all data before you use the CS3Clean Script. This includes fonts, Version Cue repositories, plug-ins you may have installed and any other important files. Version Cue repositories are located at:
\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue CS3\Server\data\
\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue CS3\Server\backups\
* Mac OS X:
<user>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Version Cue CS3/Server/data/
<user>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Version Cue CS3/Server/backups/
1. Reboot your system and be sure that all applications are closed, including other Adobe applications, Microsoft Office applications, and browser windows.
2. Download the Adobe CS3Clean Script from the Adobe website at www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs3clean.html.
3. Unzip WinCS3Clean.zip
4. Double click on the WinCS3Clean folder to open the directory.
5. Double click on CS3Clean.
Note: Windows Vista is more strict about security and requires this tool be run as an Administrator. If the script does not work after you type your password, right-click on CS3Clean and select "Run as Administrator."
Important: The Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp Utility is required to complete the cleaning. The Adobe CS3Clean script will check to see if this utility is installed on your computer. If the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility is not installed on your computer, the CS3Clean script will notify you and then quit. If you receive this notification, then please go to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
on the Microsoft Support web site for instructions on downloading and installing this utility.