Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

titanshield anti spyware

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

bustermoves

bustermoves

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
may or may not have a problem,with titan shield anti spyware.the story.installed avg8.0 free couple of weeks ago.after it ran the first time,it found 22000 "potentialy dangerous objects".needless to say,almost had a cow.all this was found with regular spybot s&d,adware 2007,and avg7.5 scans run regularly.so spent the next hour or so deleting all this junk.next scan,the following day it found 200 problems.anyway after a cople of days it was only showing like 30 problems,of which titanshield was the main one.showed it to be in 5 places.tried getting rid of it with hijack this,rebooted,next day only showing in 4 places.was told to run smit fraud .exe,problem there was every time i tried to down load it,a virus popped up.wellwas getting rather dicouraged by this time,thtas when i came here.found a tutorial for spysheriff ,ran that since there supposed to be similar.ran atf cleaner,super anti spy ware,maleware bytes,and panda active scans.back again the next day.said what the heck is going on.finally decided to do the find thing in the regedit.didnt find it.getting flustered now.looked at avg again,decided to follow the path to the number,hklm system blah blah whatever.found all 4 and deleted them.that was friday.today,sunday back again.first problem,how did it come back after deleting it from the registry.second,and probobly the strangest part,my computer seems to be running just fine.no weird pop ups, no spyware or virus alerts,nothing out of the ordinary.dont see anything odd on hjt.every thing seems normal.so what do i do?nothing?something?kind of at a loss here.any thoughts or advice, as to what i should do.oh,and sorry for being so overly long winded.ya know how it is.

Advertisements

SpySentinel

SpySentinel

R.I.P.

• Retired Staff
  • 5,152 posts
Closed. Multiple Posts.