Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Unable to see Recycle Bin's Contents!

• Please log in to reply

n0ng33k

n0ng33k

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
Basically as the title says, whenever I delete a folder or files or whatever, it doesn't appear in the Recycle Bin first, it just...disappears. I have created numerous files and deliberately deleted them to see where they would go, and one thing's for sure, not the Recycle Bin. When I delete something and then right-click on the Recycle Bin, the option "Empty Recycle Bin" is grayed out as if I had never deleted anything in the first place.

Any help solving this Recycling problem would be much, much appreciated!

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Hi, I would make sure that "Do not move files to recycling bin" is not checked in the recycling bin's properties. Right click on the recycling bin and pick properties:

BIN.PNG

n0ng33k

n0ng33k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
Alright! That did the trick, thank you very much!

Also, do you know of a program or a trick that can help me recover lost files, I mistakenly deleted some important ones and I need them back!

Thanks

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
No, sorry, I don't. I can tell you that saving files and writing to the drive can cause those files to be unrecoverable so limit your hard drive use as much as possible until you find a way to recover your files.

Good luck :).