Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Video Card suggestions

• Please log in to reply

^_^

^_^

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Hello,
Im building a new pc together, and i'd like some suggestions on what kind of Vid card i should be getting,
i intend on using my new build for video games such as COD4, Gears of war and Maybe Just a tad of Crysis,
and some current gen games, hopefully it will fit in to my case

im on a budget, so maybe 120$ to 180$ or depending on how good i see it as,
what is a good Vid card do you guys have in mind?

CPU:Q6700
Case: ULTRA X-Blaster
Mobo: XFX 680i LT
PSU: an ULTRA LSP750 750 Watt power supply

Im thinking about these two right about now,

XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog Edition 179.00$

XFX 9600 GT xxx 194.99$

I dont intend on using sli anytime soon, but maybe in the near future ill sli a good pair.
PS: not a ATI fan

Advertisements

kamille316

kamille316

• PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
Since you're budget is quite low, I'd go with the 8800GT as it performs better than the 9600GT (the one you selected is just overclocked, 8800GT is still better). This would not perform that great with Crysis, you can maybe set it to medium settings or lower (I don't play the game but I have heard that no video card can play this game at max settings).