Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Sync 2 Profiles

• Please log in to reply

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I have two Outlook profiles on the same machine. Work and Personal. They have their own calender and contacts. But I want them to sync so my Work and Personal have the same calender and contacts. Then I will use Active Sync on my Work profile for my phone.

Is there a way even with a 3rd party tool to sync between profiles?

Thanks

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
can your phone not do two seperate profiles for syncing? are they both exchange profiles?

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
No I think Active Sync wont allow that.

Even leaving the phone out of the equation, is there still a way to sync between profiles on the same machine?

Thanks.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
....i'll research the merging of the profiles (though not sure if it's doable)

again both exchange right?

are you talking abot syncing by a direct connection to the computer or over the air? i can put multiple servers in my phone (windows mobile 6)....i've got my gmail, my work mail, and another exchange server as well...but they all sync over the air (the two exchange ones do OWA and the other does....well gmail by golly)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
http://www.pocketpcf...WM5Profile.html ?

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
It wouldnt be over the air, they are on the same machine. One is exchange and one is POP. This doesnt involve a phone. It is strictly on an XP machine with Outlook 2003. It has two profiles, but I want both profiles to have the same calendar and contacts. When changes are made in one, the other is updated.

Thanks.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
i'm not finding much usefull on combining the contacts or calendar from the two profiles other than importing their respective PSTs into one of the profiles....which you'd have to do on a regular basis to keep updated

in theory.....if you added the POP account to the main profile it would allow you to set up activesync to sync the pop folder as well

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Im still at a lose with this one. Its a remote machine and its hard to just check but if one is an exchange account and one is a POP account, would they use PST files?