Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help neeeded-explorer.exe problem

• Please log in to reply

pra_viilon

pra_viilon

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hello everybody i am in trouble with explorer.exe. sorry for my bad english

few days ago i installed some video programs to watch films from my SONY camera and my computer started to give explorer.exe error. First of all, windows started to shut down explorer.exe because of DEP.
then i added explorer.exe to DEP exceptions list but still explorer.exe gives error report when i try to shut down computer. this only happens once. the next time i click on shut down works

i used system restore and i restored my computer to the previous state (before those programs were installed), then i scanned my computer for viruses, used windows repair tool (sfc /scannow) but the error is still there. please help. now i will install HijackThis and post the logs here

Edited by pra_viilon, 19 May 2008 - 08:16 AM.

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Please don't post your hijackthis log in this forum. If you think you've been infected, then you need to start a new topic and post your log here.

Thanks.

pra_viilon

pra_viilon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i dont know if i am infected or not. as i said i installed some programs. if you think it is infection i ll post the logs

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
What type of programs did you install, and where did you download them from?

pra_viilon

pra_viilon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i have original CD. the programs were SONY video importer and some more. also some USB drives and video converters were installed.