Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Compressed Air Wiped My HD?

• Please log in to reply

puters r a pain

puters r a pain

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
I just cleaned the inside of my computer with compressed air, and when I turned on the computer it asked me to boot from CD. I went to bios and made sure it was still set to boot from hard drive, and it was. Does this mean I somehow damaged my HD? I have moved twice recently and my XP cd key will be a needle in a haystack. I did not touch anything with the can and never even sprayed the HD directly.

Advertisements

puters r a pain

puters r a pain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Ok sorry I completely overlooked the fact that my HD got unplugged from my motherboard in the process of cleaning it. So all is good thanks.

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
Well THAT's good news!

My eye's lit up when I saw the title...thought twas pretty unbelievable. :)

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts

Well THAT's good news!

My eye's lit up when I saw the title...thought twas pretty unbelievable. :)

Theoretically possible because it may short the circuit board because the mixture of most compressed air tins does contain liquid, however its rare to happen and if it does, you'd have probably noticed the drive playing up previously anyway. They can be toxic as well so don't inhale it.