Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Multiple Homepages in Firefox

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

keithr128

keithr128

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
How To Have Multiple Homepages Load In Firefox

If you're like me when you go online, you have a few sites you regularly visit, maybe even a few times a day and this
can make it a little easier for you.

• In Firefox click on Tools and in the drop down menu click on Options.
  • In the options menu click on the Main tab and in the Startup box where it says Homepage type in the websites you would like to have open when you start Firefox.
    Ex.: www.google.com|www.geekstogo.com/forums|www.yahoo.com
    The separator between each site used is the "pipe" character(I don't know what else to call it.) and can usually be found right above the enter key.

Advertisements

mart_blade

mart_blade

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Very good, I hadn't considered that - I use an add-on from the Firefox add-on site called Morning Coffee which does the same trick and also offers options to open different pages on different days depending on what your schedule is on a daily basis etc.

Fire God

Fire God

• Pip
  • 8 posts
You can also have all the tabs that you want open on startup/home then go to tools > options > main > When Firefox starts: show my home page on the drop down menu > click the Use current pages button and you are all set. You can then go back to the when firefox starts drop down menu and set it blank page yet whenever you hit the home icon in the tool bar it will load the tabs that you just set up.

PoRco

PoRco

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Neat ! :)