Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless broadband ethernet modem?

• Please log in to reply

Networked.

Networked.

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I've been running my home internet through my POS laptop using it as a server and all my other home systems as clients. This effectively makes my router a HUB and adds 10-20ms of latency between my systems and the outside world. I've heard rumor of there being 'aircards' or standalone wireless broadband modems but have yet to find one that I can use with this wonderful *cough* Verizon Wireless service.... Help! Anyone seen one around?

-Chris

Advertisements

fawoodward

fawoodward

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
I'm not understanding where your internet connection is coming from - your laptop is sharing it's internet connection? But you have a router? You indicated you want a wireless broadband modem but you're currently using verizon's wireless service. Can you explain a little more your current setup and what you're looking for please?

Networked.

Networked.

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have Verizon wireless broadband, they run an EVDO wireless network. I've found a router from Kyocera that has a port for my USB modem which is my incoming internet connection. What I'm trying to find is a USB wireless broadband - EVDO modem that outputs to ethernet. I'm trying to avoid having to spend another $200 (which happens to be the price of the Kyocera router) to find a solution.