Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

drive letter recognition software

• Please log in to reply

subpleaser6

subpleaser6

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Ok, at least i was doing something wholesome! Trying to install a digital card reader Sony 17-n-1.....and for some unknown reason, put the drive letter recognition disk in....instead of just plugging in the thing to usb ports. Anyway, it said something like, do you want to continue, some work may be lost if programs running...etc....i had closed everything down......thought i was ok.....next thing i know (it was very very late at night!)...my admin user on win xp was gone!
I have looked for files from my admin user....no luck. I am stuck with the user i created for the kids.....none of my files to be found. What happened? Are they gone forever?? Help!!!!!!!

Advertisements

cmpm

cmpm

• PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
I would suggest going to to the hard drive maker's website and get there data recovery software.

But that's my opinion, as well as what I have seen the geeks suggest many times on data loss.

Also you could try a repair install on XP.

http://www.geekstogo...ws-XP-t138.html

All this if 'System Restore' does not work.

Start-All Programs-Accessories-Systen Tools-
System Restore

Restore to a time before this happened.