Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Wireless Connected but will not browse Internet

• Please log in to reply

janalinjin

janalinjin

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My wireless connection appears to be connected and indicates a very strong signal, but when i try to use IE, I get "IE cannot display the webpage".

I just got back from vacation and the rental where we stayed had wireless and the same thing was happening there. My uncle, who is a geek, was there and went into my c prompt and manually connected to that system and we were able to get online. Now, i am at home and my wireless here connects but will not let me browse.

He did something with ipconfig, but I do not know what he did and i am not sure that was all.

PLEASE HELP if you know how to get me connected.

Janalinjin

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello, and welcome to geeks to go.
In the command prompt window
  • Type ipconfig /release.
  • type ipconfig /renew
If you are connecting, try browsing to different web sites (E.G. Google, Yahoo, Etc.)