Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Laptop Won't Start Now...

• Please log in to reply

CLaSH88

CLaSH88

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Alrite here's the long story, My Cpu was (probaly still is) running at 100% all the time, but none of the listed processes in the task manager came anywhere near that much ussuage... I tried to run Avg Free and spybot, but they wouldn't start, so i read up on my problem and tried to start my computer in Safe mode by pressing F8 at the start and selcting safemode etc.. but the computer resets it self before loading windows, So I treid to run safe mode a different way... by using msconfig and selecting safe boot in the boot.ini tab... now when starting and selecting run windows normally it does exactly the same thing... resets before windwos starts... help me geekstogo.. please it's my only access to the internet at home.
Edit: Ok I got it to run windows for those who are interested, I booted up from the windows install disk, and use the recover function etc...
but my anti virus programs still won't run and the cpu is still a 100% a 100% of the time

Edited by CLaSH88, 20 May 2008 - 12:30 AM.

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
I Suggest you take your log to the malware doctors found in this forum.
Please make sure that you read this before posting anything in the malware forum.

If you're still having problems after the malware doctors declare your log clean feel free to post back here and we'll help you to the best of our knowledge! :)

Regards,
Olrik

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Just before you move to the malware forum: Switch off your modem/router and uninstall AVG. boot and see if the CPU is still so badly busy. I have seen a number of cases in which corruption of AVG caused such problems.

CLaSH88

CLaSH88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Thanks skeptic but I fixed it using the combofix, then ran avg and spybot and they got rid of it.. but again thanks for your help

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Thanks for letting us know.