Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Periodic IP issues

• Please log in to reply

rdammann

rdammann

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently got a new laptop. Everything worked great. Then one day wireless internet stopped working. When connecting, it would work fine until it got to "configuring IP/TCP settings." Then it stopped. Using an ethernet cable didn't work either. I tried repairing the connection, and it said "failure to query IP/TCP settings." When open iTunes, I got a message saying that there was a problem with my audio configuration and iTunes couldn't play anything. I use AVG antivirus, and I scanned the computer: nothing. I also installed Adware and scanned the computer; it came up with nothing. I restarted the computer, which made iTunes work, but not the internet. Then I left the computer off for a few hours. When I restarted it, it worked.

Then the sound started messing up. It was really crackly and distorted. Putting the computer into standby temporarily fixed it, so I tried restarting the computer. That fixed the sound, but the internet stopped working (same IP/TCP problem.) Still no viruses or anything. I hadn't downloaded anything or changed any settings when the internet was working. Leaving the computer off for a while fixed the problem, but after about 12 hours, the sound started getting distorted again. This has happened several times. Does anyone know what's going on?

The laptop is an intel, running windows XP, btw.

Advertisements

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
Hi there rdammann and welcome to GtG :)

You might want to follow this thread: http://www.geekstogo...ion-t42533.html
I believe you're having the same problems as the OP of that thread and hopefully get the same solution.

Good luck. :)