Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

project help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

L plate geek

L plate geek

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am in a network+ course and have been given the below project and i find the theroy from the net+ book does not cut the mustard. Can anyone help me with how to implement this? assume I have a basic grasp of the theroy from the book and have never really built a network like this.

If anyone could lend a hand in explaining how and why about any step I would appreiciate it.

Thank's

L plate.

Project

Scenario.
A newly formed company called Irish Tools has been set up to supply tools to the Irish market. The company is setting up in new offices in a Dublin industrial estate. There is also a warehouse located 50 metres from the office building.
The company is also opening a branch in a new office in Cork city.
The company will need to equip the new offices and warehouse with IT equipment. There is no IT infrastructure at any of the locations.

There will be 40 employees in the Dublin office, 10 employees in the warehouse and
20 employees in the Cork office.

You have been hired as a consultant to advise on an appropriate IT solution for the company’s IT requirements. The company will need PCs for all employees with a central storage point for data files. The office staff will need access to the Internet. A registered domain name for the company is required and the company wants a web server to be located at the Dublin office. This should be accessible by the public.

The company will have 5 sales reps who travel to customer building sites. The sales reps need to be able to connect to the web server and company email while on site.

You are required to prepare a proposal for the company detailing their IT requirements including:

Server, PC and printing requirements

Infrastructure requirements

Domain name registration

Internet access

Inter Branch connectivity

Remote access by sales reps

Firewall and anti virus requirements

IP addressing

Fault tolerance and disaster recovery

Network maintenance and monitoring

The proposal should include a diagram of the proposed network and your vendor specific hardware and software choices.
Due Date 10 am 26th May 2008

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
I don't belive letting us do your projects is going to let you learn.

Regards,
Olrik

L plate geek

L plate geek

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thats not ther idea.

If your stuck with an issue do you not ask questions, it does save a lot of time and frustration. If I cannot complete the project and give up then I have learned nothing.

Perhaps I should narow down some of the issues 1 is that i intend to use fiber to connect the warehouse to the dublin office but what does the fiber backbone connect to? a port on one router to the next?

The dmz is needed but how does that get implemented in practice?

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
L plate geek,

We are not here to provide homework support. You are free to browse our forums and do research on your own, but we cannot do your project for you. You will learn more by doing the research yourself, and I'm sure you can find the answers you need by research. This topic is closed.