Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mozilla will not open.

• Please log in to reply

Quickgrif

Quickgrif

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
I can not get Mozilla to load up anymore. When I click the name it brings up a process but no application. The process also eats all my cpu bandwidth causing massive lag. Anyone have a clue what can be causing it? I ran norton with no luck. I would hate to lose my material in my bookmarks I use for research. Also been having new windows pop up on both my browsers. I cant seem to get rid of the spyware for that as well.

Edited by Quickgrif, 20 May 2008 - 07:20 AM.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
go to C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ folder with xxxxxx.default and right click bookmarks.html
click on copy...go to your desktop...right click on a empty space and click on paste...this will put a copy of all your bookmarks there...email yourself a copy of it and store it in a web based email account like gmail..youhoo...ect
you can also burn to cd...copy to thumb drive..the more important the bookmarks are the more copies in different
formats you should have...
then uninstall firefox and reboot and reinstall it...once you have firefox working again...drag and drop the b
bookmarks.html
back into the profiles folder...

then Please go to the malware forum Start HERE....

That will help you clean up 80 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty (and you may not be) then start a new topic in the MALWARE FORUM forum here...

Edited by happyrck, 20 May 2008 - 07:47 AM.

Quickgrif

Quickgrif

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Thank you for the help found out he problem. Winamp add on for Mozilla was causing the prog to hang up and not load in. Once I removed Mozilla worked fine.