Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Disk boot failure!

• Please log in to reply

chickmazta

chickmazta

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Hello guys! I got a problem with my PC and I know you guys can help me out, whenever I boot my PC it dislays an error message disk boot failure or invalid system disk. But after a few restarts It detects the hard drive and boot from the OS. There is no floppy disk inserted in drive A. I checked the hard disk drive and there were no bad sectors, the temperature is fine and I also checked the cables and IDE connector and both are ok.

My PC is equipped with Intel pentium 4 1.60 GHz, 512MB of ram, a 40 GB maxtor HDD, and a DVD ROM drive, My motherboard is ECS P4IBMS. I notice something unusual with my motherboard it has a led indicator and it is color red. I search the internet about this but there's no description about the led indicator. I read the manual and it only states that its a led status indicator connector.

Prior to this problem, a few weeks earlier I've been experiencing a blue screen error message. BSOD is what you professionals call this. The error message is 0x0000007A. I dont know any of this error message and its meanings. My PC is only 1 yr old. But I guess its old enough for you guys. Hope to here from you guys A big THANKS in ADVANCE guys.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Shouldn't have to constantly power cycle the PC to see the drive, it should see it straight away.
Regardless of the fact no bad sectors are reported, you'll quite often find programs and diagnostic tools like these only tell you that the drive's dying long after you've kind of worked it out for yourself.
Hard drives are cheap, I'd have it replaced anyway.

The LED is saying the board has power - that's all it means.