Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

My DVD Drive wont read PC DVDS, movies

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
So today I went out and bought Age of Conan, the first PC DVD game this comp has seen.
When I inserted the disk to install it nothing came up. I checked my computer and it just shows the dvd rom with no disk in it. I don't understand why this is happening, I read all up on it on google and I tried a few different things but to no avail I cannot get it to read any DVDs. Whats the deal? My DVD burner is a lightscribe Lite-On DVDRW LH-20a1h. Lite-On sucks I know, wish I got a better one but this one was on sale at newegg.com for real cheap and I figured i'd give another Lite-On drive a shot. Please someone help me. And yes I tried the newest firmware and that didn't help one bit.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Does it read any DVD disks at all? DVD films, DVD data disks, anything DVD?
If not, the laser's probably dead and it's far quicker all round just to replace the drive.