Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

[HELP] Windows XP shuts down while playing games

• Please log in to reply

xmela

xmela

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi all. i nee dhelp. my pc shutting down while playing online game!!! what to do any idea?
i have seen that some1 had this problem too in this forum and have seen the speedfan pic so i 've done it too. please help.
here is link where you can see this pic i can't upload on the site because it was more than 500kb

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello xmela...

Your CPU is running way too hot! You either need to get yourself a can of compressed air from a local office supply store and give your machine a good cleaning, or you should see about replacing your CPU Cooler with a little more effective one. I'd be willing to bet that it's the CPU overheating that is causing your shutdowns.

wannabe1

PILL5B3RRY

PILL5B3RRY

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
Hey watsup wannabe1 and xmela....

Yeah it looks like your computer doesn't have good enough resources and is over heating. try upgrading your RAM or your Heat Sink so that your computer doesn't turn off. Also, when running heavy games, dont run a lot of background programs as this also causes your CPU and Hard Drive to heat up a bit.

beqqeb

beqqeb

• Pip
  • 2 posts
can't you say how to upgrade RAM?

beqqeb

beqqeb

• Pip
  • 2 posts
one detail also: i am plaing this game(upshift strike racer) since 2007 year and it have never been done such thing, shutting down. it started for about a month ago.
i also reinstalled my windows 3 days ago but with no result!!!