Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mobo keeps dying!

• Please log in to reply

elfalko

elfalko

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hello.. i've only had my computer for 14 months and so far i've replaced the mobo twice and the psu once.. i am very curious as to why it keeps breaking on me, because my warranties aren't going to last forever.

The problem is: my screen goes all pink/greenish then i get a blue screen saying there was a hardware problem or somthing and it shuts off. Then after a day it will randomly start working again and work for about a week then i get the flashy screen and it shuts off again.. then it doesnt go back on. This exact same thing/order of things happened twice in four months. Also before this i had to replace the PSU because there was 0 power to anything.

I'd appreciate any ideas to care for my computer so these failures end!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Graphics card problem by the sounds of it.

elfalko

elfalko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
hmm then why does everything work when i replace the mobo

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
what kind of computer is it? An e-machine by chance? I've seen dozens and dozens of them that have bad powersupplies/motherboards usually shortly after the warranty ends.... Could also be you are not getting clean power or that the psu that you are using is a piece of crap and keeps taking out the motherboard ( if it's a stock emachine as mentioned above that is what it is )

elfalko

elfalko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Its a cyberpower PC. maybe i will look into replacing my power supply and mobo then...
err just wondering if i replace an item under warranty is the replacement under warranty?

Here is my specs

CPU: (Sckt775)Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6600 CPU @ 2.4GHz 1066FSB 2x2MB L2 Cache EM64T
FAN: INTEL LGA775 CERTIFIED CPU FAN & HEATSINK + 3 EXTRA CASE FANS
HDD: Single Hard Drive (250GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)
MOTHERBOARD: (Quad-Core Supports) Asus P5N32-E nForce 680i SLI Chipset LGA775 FSB1333 DDR2 Mainboard MEMORY: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)2GB (2x1GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory
NETWORK: ONBOARD 10/100 NETWORK CARD
OS: Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition w/ Service Pack 2
POWERSUPPLY: Apevia 680W Iceberg Power Supply
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB 16X PCI Express Video Card

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Good question for the company but usually yes but only through whatever warranty remained on system.... If custom build may have an individual component warranty from manufacturer