Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Monitor wont start!

• Please log in to reply

Mark.M

Mark.M

• Pip
  • 1 posts
SO, Ill try to make this as clearly as possible ( I want to point out that I am not as computer savvy as I probably should be). So this one day, my computer started to make weird noises, like very long beeps and followed sudden clanks( clanks sound almost like tiny metal balls falling on metal).

So that problem carried on for a long time and then i was sick tired of it because it was very annoying, so I decided to "clean it out", thinking I could fix the problem. I saw huge amount of dust everywhere so i decided to clean it out, first i started with the Hard drive compartment, I took it apart, cleaned it and put it back. THen I saw a very dirty fan so i tried to clean it out but couldnt reach some places so used a vacuum cleaner and sucked everything out, im 100% sure all of it was dust and that no metal parts have accidentally gone in. Also, I made sure my vacuum metal tip will not break anything my using a brushed tip. So I cleaned everything out and put everything back the way it was.

Then came the problem, I turn the computer on, The usually beeps or weird sounds that come during start up do not come up. I was very happy with myself until my monitor does not turn on and stays in the stand by mode. I start and restart the monitor and noting is helping. I am really afraid that I might have broken my monitor...so somebody please help.!!!!!

Advertisements

SmileyXX

SmileyXX

• Pip
  • 9 posts
If its still in standby its not getting a signal...I'd check and make sure the video card didn't get bumped loose or anything while you were cleaning it out.

PILL5B3RRY

PILL5B3RRY

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
Yeah make sure you didnt disconnect anything while cleaning out your computer.

Also next time use compressed air instead of a vacuum cleaner as it is safer.